Monday 4 May 2015

Music Monday | Introducing… Jagaara




Next to fashion, music is the biggest love in my life. Since I was a teenager I have adored music, from listening to it, going to gigs, plotting which festival I want to go to next and looking up to those who make the songs that make my heart sing, it is one of the biggest influences in my life. Sometimes I think my life revolves around festivals (looking at you, Glastonbury), but that's how I like. You can see from the state of my earphones just how often I listen to music.

Each Monday I will be writing about something under the tag 'music'. This might be a playlist, a new band I am digging, a gig or album review, or anything else that is related to one of my favourite things in life. 

Kick starting Music Monday is an introduction to Jagaara, a three piece all female band who I am currently obsessing over. I discovered them while stalking the Field Day Festival lineup (roll on June), and just couldn't resist buying the 7" single for 'In the Dark' during record store day last month. Three sisters hailing from London, these girls are going to be endlessly tipped as the British Haim. While there are obvious comparisons and the two bands sound a little similair, Jagaara deserve their time in the spotlight as a much broodier, darker affair. Girls with guitars is nothing new, but throw in some murky synth under haunting vocals and you've got a totally fresh offering. 

Currently there are only a few tracks by Jagaara available online, check them out on Sound Cloud below...



For fans of: Haim, Alt-J, The XX

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Checking this out now! I was actually just listening to Sugar Ray so I probably shouldn't be doing that lol

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you liked them! Haha, not at all :) x

      Delete

© ☾ Moon Shine | Fashion Music Beauty Lifestyle Blog ☾. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig