Wednesday 13 May 2015

Lifestyle | Crazy Pedro's Part Time Pizza Parlour Manchester







One of the things I love about Manchester is that there seems to be something new opening every week. From cocktail bars to cafes and independent boutiques, there is something to tick every box and suit all interests. 

Last week I went with a couple of friends to check out Crazy Pedro's Part Time Pizza Parlour. Located just off Deansgate and run by the same people behind the ever popular Liars Club and Cane & Grain, I knew I was in for a pizza and cocktail shaped treat. With band posters lining the ceiling, a wall of brightly coloured illustrations and more types of tequila than I could ever dream of behind the bar, Crazy Pedro's has a laid back vibe and cheesy hits playlist.

We managed to grab a table on a sunny payday Thursday without too much trouble, although would recommend going early if you want to sit down for food. Firstly I wanted to check out the cocktails, I saw the couple in front of us at the bar order the sweets lined Dizzee Mescal above and just had to have one too. It was happy hour when we visited so it seemed rude to not also grab a Raspberry Frozen Margarita, especially as tequila is my favourite tipple. Served in American red cups, the sweets and frozen slush just scream 'party time' to me. I hear it can get pretty rowdy in Crazy Pedro's closer to the 4am closing time, and with the generous alcohol portions in their cocktails I can see why. 

After a much needed catch up with my gal pals, it was finally time for pizza. Being vegetarian I was expecting to get lumped with the usual plain cheese and tomato choice - not at Crazy Pedro's! With three different vegetarian pizza options on the menu, I know for sure I will be visiting again to check out the rest. This time we opted for the Nacho Libre - a nacho come pizza taste sensation with jalapeno's, tortilla chips, guac and sour cream all topping a perfectly cheesy and slightly crispy base. Delicious doesn't quite cover it, and at £12.50 for a 16" pizza which we split three ways, it was also a bargain. You can also buy pizza by the slice for £2.50 if you're a little less peckish.

What with it being payday, and Thursday being the new Friday (or so I'm told), we decided to grab another round of cocktails. This time I picked Pedro's Paloma and a Frozen Margarita (I just really love tequila, ok?). More red plastic cups and a cute American flag that we decided to wear in our hair later, (tres chic), I can safely say that Crazy Pedro's is a new favourite. 

Crazy Pedro's Part Time Pizza Parlour, 55-57 Bridge Street, Manchester, M3 3BQ.
Happy hour: Sun-Fri 5-9pm




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ☾ Moon Shine | Fashion Music Beauty Lifestyle Blog ☾. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig