Saturday 9 May 2015

Beauty | Models Own Colour Chrome Gold Review




Before I start with my first beauty product review on Moon Shine, I would just like to say I am in no way a beauty expert. I wouldn't even call myself an enthusiast, however there are a few certain types of products I really enjoy and it will be those that feature here on my blog. I've always wanted to be one of those girls with flawless make up, however sheer laziness and a small budget make that rather tricky.

On to the Models Own Colour Chrome Collection. Usually I stick to very plain colours on my nails, I get a bit obsessive over things matching/clashing so find a plain neutral shade best for my finger nails - that was until I came across this little beauty. Gold nails might sound a bit ghetto fabulous at first, which is probable the exact opposite of my own style, but I love mixing up silver and gold tones and contrasting my silver rings against this gold polish is the perfect way for me to do so.

The packaging of these polishes is beautiful, and even the least girly of girls like myself will find their inner magpie cooing over the bottles. Available in ten shades from metal tones like rose, silver, olive and gold all the way through to pink, blue, cerise and green colour pops. I recommend a strong shake of the bottle before every application to make sure the colour mixes well, and full colour coverage as shown above can be achieved in two very quick drying coats. I would be singing this polishes praises from the rooftops if it wasn't for the poor durability. Considering I work in an office Models Own Colour Chrome in gold wore off incredible fast. After just two days it looks less like it has chipped off and more like it has rubbed away. Perhaps a good top coat could sort this problem out, however I'm left a little disappointed when you consider how many rave reviews Models Own usually get.

I also recently purchased the Models Own Nail Polish Remover; a bigger, better and nicer smelling version of the much raved about Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover. I couldn't reccomended this enough if you need to replace your current remover. Simply take the lid off, spin your finger inside the soft sponge and your polish with be removed in a matter of mess free seconds - perfect for lazy girls like me! So far I have had no little bits of sponge stuck to my finger like the Bourjois version and the left over remover on your hands has no stickiness to it. The fragrance of the Models Own remover is also much nicer and you get much more product for the same amount of money.This has become a new favourite of mine, and has been used several times over the past few weeks to remove and reapply the Models Own Colour Chrome polish, which despite it's rubbish wear time I have been wearing on repeat. 

Both products are £4.99 each and can be bought from the Models Own website, in selected Boots and Superdrug stores or in Models Own bottle shops across the country. 

Models Own Colour Chrome in Gold: 3.5/5
Models Own Nail Polish Remover: 5/5



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I am always intrigued with nail vanish removers like this! It's such a shame that they don't do any acetone free versions for girls that wear false nails like me x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

© ☾ Moon Shine | Fashion Music Beauty Lifestyle Blog ☾. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig